Nursing Homes: Provider Resources
Are you a provider for nursing homes? If yes, this page has helpful resources to support you. Learn more:
Select a link to learn more:
Nursing home resources
- Avoiding Physical Restraints, P-63113 (PDF)—Find information on avoiding restraints in nursing homes.
- Consumer Guide: Consumer Information Reports for Nursing Homes and Facilities for People with Developmental Disabilities—Access consumer reports, resources, directories, survey results, and more.
- Consumer Guide: Finding and Choosing a Nursing Home—Find directories and survey results.
- Healthcare-Associated Infections in Long-Term Care Coalition—Find information on efforts to eliminate these infections from long-term care facilities.
- Independent Informal Dispute Resolution for Federally Certified Nursing Homes, P-01855 (PDF)—Learn about dispute resolution for federally certified nursing homes.
- Informal Dispute Resolution for Nursing Homes and Facilities Serving People With Developmental Disabilities (FDD), P-01856 (PDF)—Find guidance for dispute resolution to resolve citations from the Wisconsin Division of Quality Assurance (DQA).
- Informed Consent for Psychotropic Medications for Nursing Home Residents—Learn more about requirements for written consent for medication for nursing home residents.
- Medication Aides: Nursing Home/Hospice—Learn about specific rules for giving medications to nursing home residents and hospice patients in Wisconsin.
- Music & Memory Program—Learn about a Wisconsin initiative to support nursing home residents.
- Nursing Homes: Pressure Injury (Pressure Ulcer) Information—Find information for providers on avoiding pressure injuries in nursing homes.
- Preadmission Screening and Annual Resident Review—Learn about the federal requirement to identify patients with mental illness and/or intellectual developmental disabilities.
- Prevention and Control of Viral Gastroenteritis Outbreaks, P-06653 (PDF)—Learn how to avoid breakouts of viral illnesses at nursing homes and other facilities.
- Resident Relocation Manual—Learn about the process for bed or facility closures and resident relocation.
- Survey Guide for Long Term Care Facilities, P-62014 (PDF)—Find information on the survey process in the state of Wisconsin.
- Aging: Programs and Services for Older Adults—Find a variety of topics to learn more.
- Caregiver Programs—Learn more about caregiver programs, including background checks, feeding assistance, medication aides, and more.
- Client Rights Office—Find guidance for patients receiving services for developmental disabilities, mental health, or substance use.
- Clinical Laboratories— Find information on alcohol and drug testing laboratories.
- Construction/Remodeling Plan Review for Health Care Facilities—Find information on submitting a plan for construction or remodeling of a health care facility.
- Consumer Guide: Traumatic Brain Injury Care Units—Learn more about finding and choosing providers to support care.
- Consumer Guide: Ventilated Care Units—Learn how to find and choose providers to support ventilated care.
- DHS Partners and Providers—Find useful information for all agencies, organizations, and providers that partner with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS).
- Dementia Care in Wisconsin—Access the State Dementia Plan and build a dementia-friendly community of support for those with dementia and their families.
- Diabetes Prevention & Control Program— Learn more about diabetes and prevention programs.
- Do-Not-Resuscitate Information—Learn more about do-not-resuscitate orders and what they mean for health care professionals.
- e-SOD/e-POC Process—Learn more about the electronic process for statements of deficiencies and plans of correction.
- Feeding Assistant Program—Learn more about the feeding assistant program.
- Medicaid Nursing Home Reimbursement—Find reimbursement information for Medicaid.
- Misconduct Resources—Find information on background checks and the misconduct investigation program.
- Pharmacy Newscapsule—Newsletter published regularly by DQA.
- Resilient Wisconsin—Learn about efforts to improve health equity.
- WisCaregiver Careers Program—Find more information on this workforce development program.
- Wisconsin Alzheimer's Institute—Read about research initiatives, memory clinics, education and public health programs, and more.
- Wisconsin Board on Aging and Long Term Care—Find resources to understand options for aging, long term care, Medicare, and prescription drug coverage.
- Wisconsin Medicaid Information—The ForwardHealth portal will direct you to provider-specific Medicaid information. Learn more about Medicaid in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Tuberculosis Program—Learn more about tuberculosis in Wisconsin and how the state program identifies, treats, and stops the spread.
- Federal Resources—Find information about CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services), civil rights, the U.S. Department of Labor, and more.
- Nursing Home Comparison Tool—Find and compare nursing homes and other providers in your area using this online CMS tool.
- Wage and Hour Division Topical Fact Sheet Index—Find Fair Labor Standards Act information by topic from the U.S. Department of Labor. Topics include health care, nursing care facilities, nurses, home health care, overtime, and more.
State reporting requirements
- Report Abuse, Neglect, or Misappropriation—Learn about reporting and timing requirements for any claims of abuse or neglect, or misappropriation of client property. This includes DQA-regulated providers and non-regulated providers.
- Reporting a Client, Patient, or Resident Death—Learn about reporting requirements for programs or facilities when there is a death.
- Cold Weather Safety—Learn more from the National Weather Service about staying safe in extreme, cold temperatures.
- Influenza Immunization Resources for Health Care Providers—Find information including patient education, how to prepare your office for flu season, and other resources to improve flu vaccination rates.
- Preventing Heat-Related Illness and Severe Weather Awareness—Use and share information about preventing heat-related illness and planning for power outages and severe weather.
- Winter Safety Measures for Health Care Providers—Learn more about different topics, such as hypothermia, and indoor and outdoor safety.
Safety and emergency preparedness
- Emergency Preparedness and Response—Find preparedness resources for health care facilities from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
- Emergency Preparedness for Long Term Care and Assisted Living Facilities— Find preparedness resources for health care facilities from DQA.
- Safety in Health Care—Resources from DQA to help providers create a culture of safety. Find ways to guide staff on critical safety practices in health care facilities.
- American Health Care Association & National Center for Assisted Living—Find information from national organizations supporting hospices and other entities.
- LeadingAge—Learn more from a national group supporting aging services providers.