Adult Family Homes
Adult family homes: A place where three or four adults who aren't related to the operator reside. They receive care, treatment, or services that are above the level of room and board. It may include up to seven hours per week of nursing care per resident.
Consumers can learn more about Finding and Choosing an Adult Family Home.
For questions regarding adult family homes, contact the Division of Quality Assurance (DQA):
- Email email@example.com, attention Bureau of Assisted Living.
- Call 608-266-8481.
Contact the Bureau of Assisted Living regional offices about:
- Regulations for adult family homes.
- Complaints about adult family homes.
- The compliance history of an adult family home.
All fires in a licensed health or residential care facility in Wisconsin must be reported to the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) within 72 hours (check specific rule requirements). To report a fire, complete and submit the Health Care Facility Fire Report, F-62500.
For questions regarding fire reporting, contact DQA Fire Authority:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call 608-266-8016.
Additional information is provided in DQA numbered memo 17-003 (PDF).
- Interested in opening a one- to two-bed adult family home? Visit the on the Division of Medicaid Services (DMS) webpage on 1-2 Bed Adult Family Homes.
- Visit our webpage on Finding and Choosing an Assisted Living Facility to find the Consumer Guide to Health Care, including provider directories.
- Sign up to get updates through our DQA Email Subscription Service.