Background Check and Misconduct Investigation Program Resources
Partner Protective Agencies
- DHS Client Rights Office - File a Complaint - Serves individuals receiving services for developmental disability, mental health, and substance use in a variety of inpatient and outpatient settings.
- WI Department of Justice - Medicaid Fraud Control & Elder Abuse Unit - Works with District Attorneys, County Sheriffs, and other law enforcement agencies across the State to investigate and prosecute Medicaid provider fraud and patient abuse and neglect.
- Ombudsman Program - WI Board on Aging and Long Term Care - Provides advocacy services to persons age 60 and older who are consumers of Wisconsin long term care programs.
- Adult Protective Services - Investigates abuse, neglect, financial exploitation and self-neglect.
- Child Protective Services Agency Contact Information - Report a case of child abuse and/or neglect.
- WI Department of Safety and Professional Services - File a Complaint - Investigates violations of professional standards for credential holders, including RNs, LPNs, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Physicians, Nursing Home Administrators and others.
- WI Department of Workforce Development - File a Complaint - Investigates employment-related discrimination.
- WI Department of Agriculture, Trade, and Consumer Protection - File a Complaint - Investigates complaints from Wisconsin consumers and from out-of-state consumers dealing with businesses in Wisconsin to ensure fair trade practices.
- Disability Rights Wisconsin - Victim Advocacy Program - Provides legal advocacy and rights protection for adults and children with disabilities, including civil rights violations, abuse and neglect, institutionalization, inability to access to needed services and education, crime victimization, and discrimination.
Last revised March 21, 2023