Corporate Guardianship: Training and Resources
Per Wis. Admin. Code § DHS 85.10(2) - Continuing Education, each guardian representative shall complete 20 hours of training every 24 calendar months. The training shall be relevant to the guardian representative’s job assignment. It also will be designed to help the employee better meet the needs of the wards served.
These resources can help meet the training requirement:
- Guardianship Training Series: Guardianship 101
- Guardianship Training Series: A Day in the Life of a Corporate Guardian
- Guardianship Training Series: Probate Court
- Wisconsin Guardianship Association presents: WGA Educational Seminar: Preserving the Rights of the Individual
Corporate guardianship agencies aren’t limited to these training offerings and resources. For other ideas, contact:
- Your local aging and disability resource center.
- The Alzheimer’s Association.
- The Alzheimer and Dementia Alliance of Wisconsin.
- Your local community center.
- Aging: Programs and Services for Older Adults
- Client Rights Office
- Developmental Disability Programs and Information
- Greater Wisconsin Agency on Aging Resources
- Guardianship Support Center - Get information and assistance on issues related to adult guardianship, protective placement, advance directives, and more from the Wisconsin Guardianship Support Center. You can also sign up for their quarterly electronic newsletter.
- National Center on Elder Abuse
- Wisconsin Alzheimer’s Institute
- Wisconsin Guardianship Association
- Wisconsin Medicaid - ForwardHealth