Skip to main content
State of Wisconsin flag

Official website of the State of Wisconsin

Dot gov

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.


Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock () or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Family Care, Family Care Partnership, and PACE: Information for Members and Potential Members

This page has details about programs for older adults and people with disabilities:

Where to start

If you want to apply for Family Care, Partnership, or PACE, contact your local aging and disability resource center (ADRC). ADRCs serve the public and offer resources. They also help with issues that affect older adults, people with disabilities, and their families. ADRCs make it easy to learn about public benefits and other programs.

Contact my ADRC

Managed care organizations (MCOs)

An MCO helps program members get the services they need. Members work with the ADRC to choose the MCO they want to use. To help, we have MCO scorecards. These are tools that score MCOs for each program. You can find:

  • Contact details.
  • A link to the MCO’s provider directory.
  • The number of MCO staff per member.
  • Staff turnover rates.
  • Star ratings for how happy other members are with the MCO.
  • Star ratings for how well the MCO follows state quality standards.

News about Inclusa and My Choice Wisconsin

Humana, Inc., plans to purchase Inclusa, and Molina Health Care, Inc., plans to purchase My Choice Wisconsin. Learn more about the purchase proposal and how it affects members of Inclusa and My Choice.

Grievances and appeals

You have the right to file a grievance (also called a complaint). You can also file an appeal if you don’t agree with a decision.


To file a grievance, you can either:

  • Contact your care manager or member rights specialist at your MCO.
  • Write about your concern and send it to your MCO.

If you do not agree with the decision your MCO made, you can ask the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) to review the decision. DHS oversees MCOs. To request a DHS review, either:

You cannot ask for a DHS review until your MCO decides on your grievance.


The first step in the appeals process is filing an appeal with your MCO. To file an appeal, you can either:

  • Contact your care manager or member rights specialist at your MCO.
  • Complete and submit an Appeal Request, F-00237.

If you do not agree with your MCO’s decision, you can ask for a state fair hearing. This is with the Wisconsin Division of Hearings and Appeals. To ask for a state hearing, you can either: 

Division of Hearings and Appeals
Family Care and Partnership Request for a Fair Hearing
PO Box 7875
Madison, WI 53707-7875

Make sure to include:

  • Your name.
  • Your mailing address.
  • A brief description of the problem.
  • The name of your MCO.
  • Your signature.

Use the Voluntary Withdrawal form (PDF) if you change your mind about your hearing.

Ombudsman services

An Ombudsman (om-budz-man) is an independent advocate or helper. They answer questions about grievances and appeals. They can tell you about your rights. Anyone receiving Family Care, Partnership, or PACE services can get free help from an Ombudsman. The organization to contact depends on your age.

Other resources

People who get services for a developmental disability, mental health, or substance abuse have rights under Wisconsin law:

Learn more on the Client Rights Office web page.

Related topics

Last revised January 9, 2023