Nurse Aide Program: Training and Registry
Emergency Declaration Blanket Waivers ended on June 6, 2022 (QSO-22-15-NH & NLTC & LSC (PDF)). Temporary aides are not allowed to work as nurse aides after June 6, 2022
As of October 7, 2022, all individuals working as nurse aides must be on the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry or be a full-time employee enrolled in an approved nurse aide training program and within 120 days of hire.
Nurse aides perform important work caring for Wisconsin residents. CNAs (certified nurse aides) work under the direct supervision of an LPN (licensed practical nurse) or RN (registered nurse). CNAs:
- Assist residents with activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, and eating.
- Perform procedures that are within the scope of practice for a CNA.
The Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry lists the names of CNAs who meet federal and/or state requirements. To work in Wisconsin, you need training, testing, and experience. Consider joining our team of CNAs.
Wisconsin TestMaster Universe houses our Nurse Aide Testing and Registry system. Headmaster hosts the registry.
- Questions about the registry? Call Headmaster toll-free at 888-401-0465.
- Questions about testing? Call Headmaster toll-free at 888-401-0462.
Nurse aide regulations
Federal nurse aide regulations:
State nurse aide regulations:
Nurse aide publications
Nurse aide webinars
- September 8, 2022 - Annual Nurse Aide Forum
- April 20, 2022
- Webinar recording
- Test site application agreement forms: 1502WI and 1503WI.
- Presentation slides (PDF)
If you have further questions about the Nurse Aide Program, please call 608-261-9315 or email email@example.com.