We are committed to protecting the health and safety of our members and participants during the COVID-19 pandemic. To stay informed about the latest program updates, limitations to in-person contacts, general COVID-19 resources, and more:
- Members and participants, please visit COVID-19: Program and ForwardHealth Updates for You and Your Family.
- County agencies, please visit COVID-19: Updates for County Agencies Serving Children with Delays or Disabilities.
- Providers, please visit the COVID-19: ForwardHealth News and Resources Portal page.
The first three years are the most important building blocks of a child’s future. The Wisconsin Birth to 3 Program is an early intervention special education program. It helps children under the age of 3 who have delays or disabilities. “Early intervention” is the term used for the services and supports for babies and young children and their families.
In Wisconsin, early intervention is known as the Birth to 3 Program. This type of program is required by the federal government under Part C of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
Wisconsin Birth to 3 Program Mission Statement
The Wisconsin Birth to 3 Program is committed to serving children under the age of 3 with developmental delays and disabilities and their families. We value your family’s primary relationship with your child and work in partnership with your family. We work to enhance your child’s development and support your family’s knowledge, skills, and abilities as you interact with and raise your child.
Learn more about the Birth to 3 Program:
- Guiding Principles
- Information for Families
- Information for County Birth to 3 Programs
- Professional Development
- Wisconsin Governor’s Birth to 3 Program Interagency Coordinating Council
- State Reports and Initiatives
- Contact Us
First 1,000 Days Outreach Campaign
The Birth to 3 Program wants to help more families get the support and services they need to help children grow and learn. You can help by being a part of the First 1,000 Days Wisconsin Child Find Campaign!