Skip to main content
State of Wisconsin flag

Official website of the State of Wisconsin

Dot gov

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.


Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock () or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

BadgerCare Plus: Member Information

Find out what you need to know while you are enrolled in BadgerCare Plus.

Using your ForwardHealth card


Front of Forward Health Card

After you get BadgerCare Plus, we’ll send you a ForwardHealth card in the mail. If you had Family Planning Only Services, BadgerCare Plus, or Medicaid in the past, you won’t get a new card. You can use the same card you used before.

Need a card? Go to your ACCESS account or call ForwardHealth Member Services at 800-362-3002.

Your ForwardHealth card includes your name. It also has a 10-digit number and magnetic stripe. There is a place for you to sign your name as soon as you get it. If you need help, the Member Services phone number is on the card.

You must show your card when you go to the doctor. You also need it when you pick up medicine at the pharmacy.

Manage my benefits on ACCESS

Getting services

Most people who get BadgerCare Plus get it through HMOs (health maintenance organizations). These are insurance companies that offer services from select providers. You can choose an HMO from the packet and letter we send you. If you do not choose an HMO by the due date, we pick one for you. To enroll in an HMO or ask a question about HMOs, call 800-291-2002.

If you have a doctor you want to see, check if they are in your HMO network. If not, you may need to find a new doctor. You can also try choosing a different HMO.


View our full list of HMOs. Find links to more details and see which counties the HMO covers.

Find more BadgerCarePlus HMO accreditation information.

Reporting changes

Within 10 days, let us know if you or anyone living with you:

  • Becomes pregnant or has a pregnancy end.
  • Gets married or divorced.
  • Has a change in health insurance coverage.
  • Has a change in tax dependents.
  • Has a change in tax filing status.
  • Has a change in where they are staying.
  • Has a new address.
  • Has an income change that makes your total (gross) income for the month go over the BadgerCare Plus limit. You must report this change by the 10th day of the next month.
  • Moves in or out of your home. No longer has a tax deduction you told us about previously.

You can report changes:

Renewing your benefits

Every year, you must renew your benefits. A month before your benefits end you will get a letter. The letter will tell you how to renew them.

Last revised February 13, 2023