Telecommunications Assistance Program Plus (TAP+)
"The TAP program operates on a first-come first-served basis while funding is available." We anticipate that our current budget will be depleted sooner than expected.
We are starting a waitlist effective immediately. We ask that you please continue to submit all the required TAP application paperwork to reserve a spot on the TAP assistance waitlist.
We will follow-up with each applicant as soon as additional resources become available.
Please contact the TAP Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-267-7195 if you have any questions about the TAP program or the waitlist process.
TAP+ provides financial assistance to purchase specialized telecommunications equipment individually or in combination with the Telecommunications Equipment Purchase Program (TEPP) voucher assistance. Unlike the TAP Hearing Aid Assistance (HAA) option, TAP+ can be combined with the TAP Copay assistance. TAP funding is limited and is on a first-come first-served basis.
In order to be eligible for TAP+, you must:
- Be a Wisconsin resident.
- Meet program income eligibility guidelines (PDF).
- Submit an online application or printable application form, F-02306.
- Submit a completed hearing loss certification form, F-22554 or audiogram.
Note: People who are able to sign the Hearing Loss Certification form include: licensed physicians, certified audiologists, or hearing instrument specialists. Hearing instrument specialists completing the form will also need to provide an exam result or report conducted within six months of the signed TAP application demonstrating the applicant's need for hearing instruments (pursuant to Wis. Admin. Code ch. HAS 4 under the Hearing and Speech Examination Board).
- Has a current and active TEPP application
- Purchase equipment from the approved equipment list (PDF).
- Purchase equipment through an approved vendor (PDF).
- Submit a quote noting amount you are requesting and the equipment you want to purchase.
- Not applying for TAP HAA assistance.
- Have not received any TAP assistance within the past three years.
TAP+ vouchers will be mailed to the applicant or the applicant's legal representative (unless otherwise directed) to be redeemed with an approved vendor as a credit towards the total purchase price.
Please contact the TAP Coordinator by email or call 608-267-7195 if you have questions, need assistance, or want to talk about any special circumstances or other financial assistance options.