Telecommunications Assistance Program (TAP) Copay
"The TAP program operates on a first-come first-served basis while funding is available." We anticipate that our current budget will be depleted sooner than expected.
We are starting a waitlist effective immediately. We ask that you please continue to submit all the required TAP application paperwork to reserve a spot on the TAP assistance waitlist.
We will follow-up with each applicant as soon as additional resources become available.
Please contact the TAP Program Coordinator by email at email@example.com or call 608-267-7195 if you have any questions about the TAP program or the waitlist process.
TAP Copay assistance is available to cover the $100 copay cost required by the Telecommunications Equipment Purchase Program (TEPP). Unlike other TAP program options, TAP Copay assistance can be combined with TAP+. TAP funding is limited and is on a first-come first-served basis.
In order to be eligible for TAP Copay assistance, you must:
- Be a Wisconsin resident.
- Meet program income eligibility guidelines (PDF).
- Submit an online application or printable application form, F-02306.
- Submit a completed hearing loss certification form, F-22554 or audiogram.
Note: People who are able to sign the Hearing Loss Certification form include: licensed physicians, certified audiologists, or hearing instrument specialists. Hearing instrument specialists completing the form will also need to provide an exam result or report conducted within six months of the signed TAP application demonstrating applicant's need for hearing instruments (pursuant to Wis. Admin. Code ch. HAS 4 under the Hearing and Speech Examination Board).
- Have a current and active TEPP application.
- Purchase equipment from the approved equipment list (PDF).
- Purchase equipment through an approved vendor (PDF).
- Not applying for TAP Hearing Aid Assistance (HAA)
- Have not received any TAP assistance within the past three years.
TAP copay vouchers will be mailed to the applicant or the applicant's legal representative (unless otherwise directed) to be redeemed with an approved vendor.
Please contact the TAP Coordinator by email or call 608-267-7195 if you have questions, need assistance, or want to talk about any special circumstances or other financial assistance options.