The Wisconsin Department of Health Services is dedicated to keeping stakeholders informed about non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT). Use the materials on this page to understand more about the NEMT benefit, and share resources like fact sheets with members you serve.
Learn about the transition to Veyo
DHS contracted with a company called Veyo to provide NEMT services on November 1, 2021. Here are some resources to understand what changed:
- ForwardHealth Update 2021-35 (PDF), “New Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Manager for Wisconsin Medicaid and BadgerCare Plus Members”
- Media release: DHS Improves Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Services for Medicaid Members
- DHS hosted webinars to provide an overview of the NEMT benefit and the transition to Veyo.
Access and share informational resources
NEMT Training Modules (topics include benefits overview, policies and procedures, transition, and service and policy enhancements)
- October 29, 2021: Resources Available Regarding Changes to the NEMT Benefit
- October 18, 2021: Upcoming Changes to the NEMT Benefit: Join Us for a Webinar!
- February 28, 2020: DHS Announces Intent to Award Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Management Contract
- July 24, 2019: Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Procurement Issued
Member fact sheets (To request free, printed copies, complete a Forms/Publications Order form, F-80025A, and email it as an attachment to DHS FM Order. Please allow two to four weeks to receive ordered prints.)