Training for Public Health Employees in Wisconsin
Training materials are intended for state, regional, and local public health employees in Wisconsin.
These training materials are free of charge and are for educational use only. If you have any questions, please contact Christie Reese.
Public health new employee orientation sessions
2022 Vimeo showcase of recorded presentations (Slide deck for presentation listed below)
- Introduction to Governmental Public Health in Wisconsin slide deck (PDF)
- Overview of Public Health 3.0 and Foundational Public Health Services (PDF)
- Intro to Implicit Bias and Health Equity (PDF)
- Department of Health Services, Division of Public Health Organizational Chart (PDF)
- Division of Public Health Resource Guide (PDF)
Occupational Health and Safety Surveillance Program
Provides data, fact sheets and information on occupational injuries and illnesses. Staff can assist LHDs with questions related to workplace exposures or outbreaks. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our webpage.
Wisconsin State Lab of Hygiene’s Occupational Health Training and Consultation Resources
WisCon at WSLH provides occupational health trainings and free consultation services to both businesses and public agencies. In 2023, DHS has partnered with WisCon to create trainings of particular interest to local public health. These trainings and services are designed to enhance LHDs’ capacity to handle relevant workplace health and safety concerns in their jurisdictions and can also help LHDs protect the health and safety of their workforce.
Health Equity Assessment and Resource Team (HEART) learning communities
Vimeo showcase of recorded presentations (Slide decks for presentation listed below)
- Learning Community 1 Building our Foundation (PDF)
- Learning Community 2 Building our Foundation Part 2 (PDF)
- Learning Community 3 Community Engagement (PDF)
- Learning Community 4 Addressing Social Determinants of Health for Health Equity (PDF)
- Learning Community 6 Addressing Housing for Health Equity (PDF)
Health equity resource guides
- Health Equity: Resources to Build our Foundation (PDF)
- Introduction to the Social Determinants of Health (PDF)
- Social Determinants of Health Frameworks and Tools (PDF)
Health equity survey summary
LTHD Health Equity Strengths and Needs Survey Results Summary
Region V Public Health Training Center
The Region V Public Health Training Center (RVPHTC) seeks to advance the skills of the current and future public health workforce to improve population health outcomes. Part of the Public Health Learning Network (PHLN), the RVPHTC develops online and in-person trainings on a variety of public health topics.
Learn more about our available trainings, including our Training Needs Assessment.
Public Health Learning Navigator
The Public Health Learning Navigator is an interactive resource for finding public health learning modules that includes a vetting process. Before a training module is made available, the content is reviewed and screened for quality standards.
Learn more about the quality review process, or browse available training modules.
New to Public Health Residency Program
The New to Public Health (N2PH) Residency Program is an innovative, professional development program designed to support new public health professionals transitioning into a local, regional, tribal, or state public health agency.
Visit the New to Public Health Residency Program to learn more.
- Public Health 101 (PDF)
- Public Health History and Structure (PDF)
- Public Health Statutes (PDF)
- Public Health Data (PDF)
- State Funding (PDF)
- State Laboratory of Hygiene (PDF)
- Self Care Presentation and Materials, 2019, Kelly Moe Litke, Wisconsin Coalition Against Sexual Assault (WCASA), reproduced with permission
Archived public health new employee orientation sessions
2021 Vimeo Showcase of recorded presentations (Slide decks for presentations linked below)
- Performance Management presentation slide deck (PowerPoint)
- Resiliency presentation slide deck (PowerPoint)
- Self Compassion presentation slide deck (PowerPoint)
- Wisconsin Public Health Governance presentation slide deck (PDF)