Katie Beckett Medicaid
We are committed to protecting the health and safety of our members and participants during the COVID-19 pandemic. To stay informed about the latest program updates, limitations to in-person contacts, general COVID-19 resources, and more:
- Members and participants, please visit COVID-19: Program and ForwardHealth Updates for You and Your Family.
- County agencies, please visit COVID-19: Updates for County Agencies Serving Children with Delays or Disabilities.
- Providers, please visit the COVID-19: ForwardHealth News and Resources Portal page.
Katie Beckett Medicaid serves children under 19 who live at home and have certain health care needs. The name comes from a child, Katie Beckett, whose family advocated that the best treatments and services for her needs were available at home and in a community setting. The federal government created a special group of Medicaid coverage for kids just like Katie Beckett.
Katie Beckett Medicaid helps children who:
- Have complex medical needs.
- Have long-term disabilities.
- Have mental health needs.
- Want to receive home and community-based services instead of living in a hospital or institution.
Children may qualify even if:
- They aren’t eligible for other Medicaid programs because of their parents’ or guardians’ income or assets.
- They’re covered by private health insurance.