Work at DHS: Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We also are an Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Our EEO and AA policy is in line with government laws.
What EEO and AA mean to us
We want everyone to have an equal chance at a good job. We want workers that are the best fit for the job. We also want all employees to be able to advance in their careers. To make this happen, we commit to our non-discrimination policy.
We do not discriminate
We do not treat anyone in a negative or unfair way based on the following (and any other groups protected by law):
- Marital status
- Membership or activity in a local human rights commission
- National origin
- Need for public assistance
- Race or color
- Religion or creed
- Sex or sexual orientation
We remove unfair treatment
AA helps prevent unfair treatment of groups who have faced it in the past. This policy aims to increase opportunities for minority groups. We review how our managers meet AA objectives and criteria. Our AA measures help in all areas of employment:
- Corrective actions
- Layoffs and terminations
- Pay rates and employee benefits
- Promotions, demotions, or transfers
- Recruiting, advertising, and hiring
- Selection for training or programs
We provide support for people with disabilities
We make adjustments if you have a special need. This includes people applying for a job and current employees.
Resources and contact information
Contact our Human Resources team if you have any questions or requests. For example:
- If you want to learn more about EEO and AA.
- If you want a copy of the DHS policy.
- If you think someone has treated you in a way that goes against the policy. This includes harassment and unfair treatment. We will review the event and take proper action.
- If you need support with job materials or work facilities.
Human resources contact
There are many ways to contact us:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 608-267-5071 to speak with an employment relations business partner
- Call 608-266-3356 if you need job materials in a different format or language
- Call Wisconsin Relay at 711 or 888-701-1251 if you need hearing support