Consumer Guide: Complaints or Problems with Your Health Care
Health care facilities and providers are there to help you. Sometimes you may not agree with something involving your care. There are many ways to deal with these issues, depending on the type of problem:
- Problems with health and residential care facilities—Learn how you can file a complaint about:
- Adult day care organizations.
- Assisted living facilities.
- Home health agencies.
- Nursing homes.
- Other health care facilities.
- Problems with health care providers—Find resources for filing a complaint against a provider, such as a doctor or dentist.
- Problems with health insurance—Know what to do if your insurance claim is denied, you can’t get your plan to pay for your care, or you can’t get care you need.
- Problems with medical bills or debt—Discover tips and resources for understanding and paying for medical bills.