Adult Protective Services: Wisconsin Incident Tracking System Reporting
Responders for adults at risk of all ages will now use a single web-based system to file reports of suspected abuse. The system is known as the Wisconsin Incident Tracking System, or WITS.
WITS Login Page Use only after you have a WITS user account.
New WITS users
To obtain a user account for WITS:
- Get state DOA security clearance through the Wisconsin Access Management System (WAMS) website.
Note: If you are already registered to use the CARES (Client Assistance for Re-employment and Economic Support System) WorkerWeb, you already have clearance. Use your CARES user ID to apply for a WITS account.
- Once WAMS has issued your user ID, apply for a WITS user account. Fill out a WITS Access Request Form:
- Fax the form to the Department of Health Services, Attn: WITS Security Administrator at 608-267-3203.
Resources for WITS users
- Experienced Users Training (PDF)
- Adult at Risk Abuse, Neglect, and/or Exploitation Data Collection, F-20441A (PDF) to help with gathering information in the field.
- Adult at Risk Abuse, Neglect, and/or Exploitation Valid Values, F-20441AI (PDF) for use with the Data Collection form.
- Instructions for Making WITS Fit Your Computer Screen (PPT)
If you have problems using WAMS to obtain security clearance, it may be that you already have an account which has been frozen due to inactivity. It might be an account you obtained previously for another application, such as the CARES WorkerWeb. Follow these steps for help:
- Go to https://on.wisconsin.gov/WAMS/home.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. Select the link Help Wisconsin Support to open a fillable webpage.
- Fill in your information (include a phone number and name) and click Submit.
If you have problems logging into WITS once you have a confirmed WITS account, contact Karl Schlenker at 608-266-2537.