We’re getting ready for our 22nd annual FOCUS conference. This two-day event is for Division of Quality Assurance (DQA) staff and health care providers. DQA hosts the event, along with other providers and provider association representatives. The theme of this year’s conference is “Teach, Learn, Collaborate.” Presenters will talk about a range of health care topics.
FOCUS 2022 conference details
Learn more about what to expect from the conference.
Who should go to the FOCUS 2022 conference?
The conference is for:
- Case/discharge managers
- Dietitians/dietetic technicians
- Maintenance directors
- Medical directors
- Physical plant managers
- Quality improvement managers
- Risk managers
- Social workers
The conference focuses on these provider types:
- Aging and disability resource centers
- Assisted living facilities
- Facilities for individuals with intellectual disabilities
- Life safety industry
- Nursing homes
When is the conference?
The 2022 conference lasts two days. This year, it will be in person Nov. 16–17, 2022.
Where is the conference?
The conference will be at the Kalahari Convention Center in Wisconsin Dells.
Who will present?
This year, we have a great lineup of 48 presenters. Highlights include:
- Nov. 16—Keynote speaker Jacob Weiss, Do Good and Juggle
- Nov. 17—Keynote speaker Alonzo Kelly, Creating a Culture Where Everyone Feels They Belong
- Nov. 17—Industry speaker Steve Bench, Attracting Tomorrow’s Talent with Today’s Leaders
How much does it cost to attend?
The conference costs $250 per person.
How do I register for the conference?
Registration for the conference started in early September 2022. You can register online through the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, Continuing Education and Outreach.
Continuing education hours
We work to get conference approval from several groups so that those who attend get continuing education credit. The conference is looking for approval from:
- The National Associations of Long Term Care Administrator Boards
- National Association of Social Workers
- The National Continuing Education Review Service
Questions about registration? Email the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about the 2022 conference?
- Email email@example.com.
- Call 608-438-1012.