Skip to main content
State of Wisconsin flag

Official website of the State of Wisconsin

Dot gov

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.


Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock () or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Residential and Community-Based Care Licensing and Certification: Personal Care Agency

Learn more about licenses for personal care agencies (PCAs) in Wisconsin. You can also view PCA Rules and Regulations.


Initial, Renewal


A PCA license is for any person, tribal nation, county, or independent living center that intends to give personal care services as a free-standing agency. Services are given to people where they live. They can include help with daily living (bathing, eating, dressing) or taking a person to a medical appointment.




To apply for a PCA license, first view PCA Application and Certification Process. For an application, either:

Last revised January 26, 2023