People may qualify to be an assisted living administrator if they:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in a non-health related field from an accredited college and successfully complete a training course approved by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS).
These requirements are described in Wis. Admin. Code § DHS 83.15(1)(c).
People also may qualify if they:
- Have at least two years of experience in a health care field, have direct contact with client/patient groups (Wis. Admin. Code § DHS 83.02(16)), and successfully complete a department-approved training course.
Training courses approved by DHS must cover six core skills. These six skills are used to review and approve administrator training courses:
- Leadership and management
- Resident care and services
- Resident rights, advocacy, and legal issues
- Physical environment and life safety
- Human resources management
- Financial management
- Assisted Living Administrator Course Curriculum Criteria, P-00134 (PDF)
- Trainer Requirements, P-00133 (PDF)
Approved training courses
Learn more about the training courses for assisted living administrators:
Course approval number: 001
- Email email@example.com.
- Call 608-288-0246.
- Fax 608-288-0734.
- Learn more online at www.ewala.org
Mailing address:Wisconsin Assisted Living Association (WALA)PO Box 7730Madison, WI 53707
Course name: WALA 83.15 Administrator Course
Course approval number: 002
- Email Kathy.Tegen@bakaenterprises.com.
- Call 920-574-3833.
- Learn more online at www.bakaenterprises.com
Mailing address:BAKA Core Training Centers5555 W. Grande Market Drive, Suite AAppleton, WI 54913
Course name: BAKA Core Training 8315 Administrator Course
For questions about the Wisconsin Community-Based Care and Treatment Training Registry:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call 920-465-2315.