Health and Employment Counseling (HEC) Program
The Health and Employment Counseling (HEC) Program is a nine month, pre-employment program for people with disabilities who are not employed, but want to enroll in the Medicaid Purchase Plan. The Medicaid Purchase Plan allows people with disabilities who are not employed or enrolled in HEC to get Medicaid coverage by paying a monthly premium, which is based on income. Individuals with low income may not have to pay a premium.
To enroll in the HEC Program an applicant must:
- Be determined eligible for Medicaid based on disability.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have countable assets of less than $15,000.
- Develop and complete an application form and employment plan.
- Submit application materials to the HEC Manager.
For more information on the HEC Program or to obtain application materials please call, 866-278-6440.
Health and Employment Counseling Consumer Guide: Webpage | PDF